Heater Fire/Carbon Monoxide Risk at Residential Pool
My client forwarded me photos of the pool equipment at prospective new account. Notice that the heater is installed under a wooden deck and only three feet from a bedroom window. There is no stack, allowing carbon monoxide to freely waft into the house through the nearby bedroom window.
Here is the same equipment viewed from the outside. Yes, that is a wood deck over the heater!
This installation presents both a fire hazard and serious risk of carbon monoxide poisoning that was apparently ignored by the installer, pool tech and homeowner. Fortunately, my client, a chapter president of the Independent Pool & Spa Service Association (IPSSA) recognized the risk and is taking steps to correct the fire and CO risk.