Hotel Guests Die of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning From Pool Heater – Hotel Executive Charged With Manslaughter

A business executive that managed a Best Western Motel in Boon, North Carolina was recently indicted on charges of involuntary manslaughter and assault in the carbon monoxide deaths of two motel guests and the injury of a third. Investigators have determined that carbon monoxide entered the motel rooms from a rusted vent pipe running underneath the rooms from a modified pool heater. Code violations have been reported and fines levied.

Leave a Reply